THC-infused beverages can give a whole new meaning to cracking open a cold one after a long day, and considering the fact that ingesting THC is much less harmful than smoking it; you should replace your end-of-day joint with a nice cold beverage that has the added benefit of getting you high. Cannabis consumption has dramatically increased in popularity in the past few years, so much so that many Americans are reducing their alcohol consumption and opting for cannabis products instead.
Since more and more states are coming to acknowledge the benefits of THC (tetrahydrocannabinol), CBD (cannabidiol), and hemp products and legalizing them for recreational and medicinal consumption, there has been a significant increase in innovation in this field. With each passing year, more research is done about the effects, side-effects, and benefits of THC, as well as the many different ways in which it can be consumed.
Up till a few years ago, the only viable way to consume marijuana was to smoke it. Through a healthy dose of curiosity and experimentation, marijuana edibles and vaping came around and changed the cannabis industry forever. The move towards alternative forms of consumption was a natural progression when you consider that smoking or even vaping is harmful to the lungs, even if you are smoking ‘just a plant’. Edibles and infused beverages, on the other hand, offer a much cleaner means of consumption for those who do not want to go down the smoking route. Cannabis ingestibles have a lot of benefits for the recreational user, some of which are mentioned below –
- THC-infused beverages are incredibly easy to procure and consume. You simply have to buy and drink it. There is no hassle of baking your own brownies or learning how to roll a joint and use a vape pen.
- Cannabis beverages take effect a lot more quickly than edibles which need to be absorbed in the stomach and liver. For infused beverages, cannabis is broken down into small molecules, which allows for quicker absorption.
- Each beverage has an exact amount of dosage that does vary at all. This removes the risk of accidental overconsumption.
- Beverages are easy to store over time and can be consumed on the go without any risk of lingering weed smell.
- Cannabis-infused beverages also serve as a better alternative to alcoholic beverages.